ARE YOU “MOTIVATED” TO DO?
Our natural strengths (our passion and
purpose) are already within us – waiting to be discovered! But most
people are not fluent in the language of strengths. If asked to describe
their strengths, they will usually lapse into the language of cliché with
responses like “I like to work with people” or “I am a problem-solver” or
“I am creative.” Most are simply not informed about our natural strengths or aware of
their impact on our performance and fulfillment.
Can you respond accurately to these questions about your
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE “MOTIVATED” TO
- What is it that you want as an outcome or payoff from
your work – more than anything else?
- What does it take to get you started and actively
interested in pursuing a task or activity?
- Do you quickly grasp the essentials of a subject that
is not well defined?
- Are you motivated to start an assignment from a
- Do you require ample time to prepare when asked to
respond to an unexpected request?
- Do you need a standard or other way of measuring your
- Would it bother you if you could never find out
whether people used your work?
- Do you have entrepreneurial tendencies?
- Do you have specific goals? If not, do you know
- Do you recognize an opportunity before it is apparent
- Are you “motivated” to make “risky” decisions when
your reputation is on the line?
- Are you comfortable in confronting others?
- Are you “motivated” to build relationships with
- Do you sweat the details?
- Can you see how something will look in advance of it
being made a reality?
- Do you like to go beyond where other people are?
- Do you worry about the bottom line?
- Are you “motivated” to run an operation of some sort?
- Are you a dealmaker?
- If you have management ability, can you describe how
you get things done through others?
people can only guess about the answers to most of these questions. Many
provide responses based on what they
would like to be. Their responses reflect their intentions...but their
actual behavior may not support these
intentions. Few have actually reflected on their life/work
achievements to identify their natural strengths or “motivated” abilities.
GET STARTED - DISCOVER THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU!